Thank you for joining us! Your story will help us create a full picture of the importance of Social Security to celebrate and share with others. If you would like some ideas how to get started, here are a few simple questions for you (or for a family member or friend) to think about before contacting us:
- Why did you receive Social Security?
- Do you remember when you first found out you were eligible for Social Security benefits?
- Tell us a little bit about yourself at that time. How old were you? Where did you live? Were you working?
- Did Social Security prevent a bad situation from getting worse?
- What did Social Security give you the opportunity to do that otherwise would not have happened?
- Who else benefitted? Spouse? Children? Grandchildren? The community? The world?
- Do you remember what life was like before Social Security? Does your family have shared memories about that time?
Sharing your story is easy:
Fill out the form below and include your story (400 words or less) in the box below.
If you prefer, you can send a hard copy of your story by regular mail to:
Social Security Stories Project
Frances Perkins Center
PO Box 281
Newcastle, ME 04553
Please note that by submitting your story to the Social Security Stories Project you are agreeing to let your story be published on the Frances Perkins Center website and other social media.