Has your life been affected by Social Security benefits? Do you know of someone who has a story to tell that would help others understand its importance in our society? Social Security is a promise made to all generations. You are invited to join the SOCIAL SECURITY STORIES PROJECT, which celebrates Social Security by gathering and sharing stories. We’re inviting you to share how Social Security has made a meaningful difference in your life or the life of a family member or friend – as it has for one in six Americans.
- Stories may be about how Social Security is helping with retirement even in these tough financial times.
- Stories may be about how a veteran was able to live in dignity.
- Stories may be about you, a family member or a neighbor.
- Stories may be about how Social Security helped a family after a tragedy.
- Stories may be about how children were left without parents, but not without economic security.
- If a story has not come to mind, start asking friends and loved ones. You will find that a story is easy to come across. Chances are, someone you care about has a story to tell. Help their voice be heard.
- Stories may be about how Social Security helped ensure someone received an education.
It is important that your story is heard as part of our country’s history – help us document stories and preserve Social Security for future generations.The “Social Security Stories Project” is an opportunity to join thousands of Americans in showing that you are part of how Social Security has transformed our country, our economy and our people – young and old. Telling your story is simple. We’re looking for stories of 400 words or less or about three minutes of video. All of the stories told as part of the “Social Security Stories Project” will be posted on our website, social networking sites, and print media.